Multiple inquirers have recently asked us where they might get GHG accounting training to bolster their in-house skills. Our list is not as comprehensive as we’d like, but the mix of on-demand, live and in-person that we can offer is:
- GHG Protocol videos from the source of the key protocol used for business accounting.
- ISSP and ACCO as professional organizations that support carbon footprint skills.
- GHG Management Institute which offers international and IPCC perspective on projects and policy.
- VitalMetrics offers basic YouTube primers on the structure of accounting.
- Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council launched a short course this past summer.
- Harvard Extension has two relevant courses.
We’d like to be able to make stronger recommendations. Do you have other programs that you would recommend? We’re particularly interested to hear about university continuing education programs.